Many important points that you might overlook if you are in hurry to purchase your Oxygen Concentrator in India.
Have you been prescribed Oxygen and looking for a place to buy Oxygen Concentrator ? Thsese 5 steps guide is for you.
Before going out, there are a few things you should know to make the correct choice in choosing the right Oxygen concentrator device.
1. Determine the Oxygen Flow Rate
There are chances that if you have been recently prescribed Oxygen, then you may need a Home Oxygen Concentrator with flow upto 5 LPM. Many people go out in market to buy Oxygen Concentrator (OC) without knowing their flow requirements. Just ask your doctor for the accurate flow rate of oxygen for your patient. The flow is in Litres Per Minute (LPM) and is written by the doctor on prescription.
2. OC Brands and Models available in India.
- AirSep and Philips Respironics are the most sold machines in market.
- Nidek Medical.
- Invacare has entered the Indian market not long back. They are catching up with the competition very fast.
- SeQual Portables are available with few AirSep importers after acquisition of AirSep by chart industries.
- Inogen is yet to enter the Indian market.
- The Indian market is also dominated by various Chinese machines.
Models you can Choose from
The list of oxygen concentrators you will find in India:
Stationary Oxygen Concentrator:
Airsep VisionAire 5
Airsep NewLife Elite
NewLife Intensity 10
Caire Companion 5
Philips Respironics EverFlo
Invacare Perfect O2 V
Invacare Platinum 10
Nidek Nuvo Lite
Nidek Nuvo 8
Portable Oxygen Concentrator:
Airsep Freestyle Series
SeQual Eclipse 5
Philips respironics SimplyGo
3. Oxygen Concentrator Price in India.
No oxygen concentrator comes with Maximum Retail Price (MRP) written on its box. Have a rough idea of price of each type of oxygen concentrator before you go out to purchase.
5 LPM Home Oxygen Concentrators usually start from some Chinese machines costing about ₹ 35,000 to high grade AirSep machines costing about ₹ 58,000.
High flow (8-10 LPM) Oxygen Concentrator price range varies from ₹ 85,000 to ₹ 1,45,000.
Pulse Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators are expensive and they start from ₹ 1.5 lacs to ₹ 2.5 lacs.
Continuous Flow Portable Oxygen Concentrators are the most expensive oxygen concentrators with price ranging from ₹ 2.25 lacs to ₹ 3.5 lacs.
4. Check the authority of seller for particular brand you chooses.
Getting after sales service is equally important as buying a new machine. To ensure that, get the warranty period and terms & conditions printed on the invoice.
Below you can find the warranty provided by each manufacturer:
- Airsep: 2 years
- Philips Respironics: 2 years
- Invacare: 2 years with Home Service
- Nidek Medical: 2 years with Home Service
- Chinese machines offer 1-2 years of warranty
5. Beware of Malpractices
We don’t want to go into details of how some medical professionals / dealers cheat the patients but whenever you are prescribed supplemental Oxygen (or any other medical equipment), search on web.
And remember, when you go out in market and you can purchase oxygen concentrator from any dealer in India without worrying about being cheated.